Welcome!

Velkommen til mitt lille hjørne av bloggland! Slå deg løs og føl deg som hjemme, og legg gjerne igjen en liten kommentar :)

Friday, February 25, 2011

Ida's Kitchen

Kirsten Kapur at Through the Loops designed the hat Ida's kitchen, a fun and quick knit. I had some variegated leftover yarn in black/grey (from Jenny's afghan) and bought a skein of the same type of yarn in blue/turquoise/green.
I figured I could knit it from two skeins of variegated yarn rather than having all those colour changes called for in the pattern.

It turned out to be a rather masculine combination.
I like the star at the top.
The colours are actually brighter than what they look like here. I enjoyed this project a lot, and will definitely make more of Ida's Kitchen, but then I will choose some brighter colours and leave the grey out.

Details:
Pattern: Ida's Kitchen
Yarn: Fame Rand from Marks & Kattens in black/grey and blur/turquoise/green
Needles 4mm and 5mm

No comments:

Post a Comment